Want to Improve Your Memory?
Memory is the faculty of the brain by which information is processed, stored, and retrieved when needed. Memory is vital to experiences and related to limbic systems, it is the retention of information over time for the purpose of influencing future action. This all happens in the brain.
Humans have brain plasticity, thus the ability of the brain to change for better or worse at any age. This is why it is good to boost your brain power in order to help improve your memory.
These are best ways to boost brain power, improve memory, build new neural connections, ignite learning, and enhance cognitive function.
- Rest more often. Relaxing the body helps you improve memory. The human body does not function well under pressure. This can be taking a break from your work, schedules, going on vacations or doing other fun stuffs. This helps the brain to relax its muscles and perform well.
- Good Sleep. Having a good sleep is very important for the body to function well. So creativity, thinking, cognitive functioning, problem solving, memory, all these are tied to getting enough sleep. Sleeping also helps the brain relax its muscles just as resting. This can help the brain gain back its performance, hence improving your memory.
- Drink green tea. Compounds in green tea can improve brain function and improve your brain. It also has the amino acid L-theanine, which is able to cross the blood-brain barrier. It increases dopamine and the production of alpha waves in the brain.
Green tea does more than just keep you awake, it can also make you smarter. The key active ingredient is caffeine, which is a known stimulant.
It doesn’t contain as much as coffee, but enough to produce a response without causing the “jittery” effects associated with too much caffeine.
- Laugh more. As always said, “laughter is the best medicine”. Laughter helps stimulate some parts of the brain. This is also a natural and effective way of releasing stress. This can help you through learning, tests, and other situations when you are nervous or under pressure.
- Exercise often. Exercise helps you keep the body fit and healthy. The brain needs oxygen to function properly. Physical energy can enhance oxygen flow to the brain, hereby help improve your memory.
Exercise also helps stimulate a wide variety of brain systems, including organization, coordination, planning, and judgement.
- Meditation. Meditation helps the brain work better. This reduces your stress level and also helps improve your memory. Find a place to sit quietly, even if only for 15 minutes. Focus on your breathing. Say to yourself as you breathe “breathing in, breathing out.” Whenever you find your mind wandering, gently draw it back to focusing on your breath. This is a great exercise that helps the brain function properly.
- Make time for Friends. When trying to improve your memory, hang around with friends, involve yourself in games, laugh, do activities that will help you release stress. This can also help in dealing with depression.
- Eat Brain-boosting food. There are lots of food that can help boost brainpower. Other foods on the other hand also reduce brain performance. Foods containing sugar makes the brain dull. foods that are high in omega 3 fatty acid and magnesium helps improve your memory. These helps in blood circulation and blood helps carry oxygen to the brain.
- Eat Ketogenic diet. The idea behind a ketogenic diet is that when the brain cannot rely on carbohydrates to get the glucose it needs, your body creates ketones from fats in the liver, which act as an alternate source of brain fuel, increasing your brain and body’s efficiency in burning fat for energy.