Pregnancy is the period which one or more offspring develops inside a woman. This can be a very joyous time for most women. Babies are gifts to humanity and it is always good to ensure one has a smooth ride through pregnancy.
Staying Healthy As A Pregnant Woman
It is very important to stay healthy as a pregnant woman in order to avoid most of the complications if not all. It is also a priority to keep the baby safe whiles in the womb.
- Keep yourself hydrated. As established, water plays an important role in keeping the body function well. It is also very important to drink clean water not just when you are pregnant. Water helps dilute your urine which reduces the risk of you getting an infection. Dehydration can cause contractions in your late stages that can trigger preterm labor. Water also helps in battling nausea.
- Be comfortable. Pregnancy changes a lot in the body of a woman. These changes can be uncomfortable especially if its your first time. You will have to get some comfortable maternity clothing. Clothes that are a bit loose. This will help you move around freely and also allow the changes in your body to happen without freely.
- Sleep is important. Growing a baby is not an easy job. You have to get enough rest. It is true that you wont have enough rest when the baby arrives. It is advisable to sleep on your left as it helps relieve pressure on your back. Sometimes, getting pillows to adjust yourself helps.
- Eat a little more. Do not forget you are eating for two. Pregnancy makes you hungry. Eat enough food to help the baby develop better and healthy.
- Exercise a little. Try and do some exercise in order to stay healthy. This can help you stay active and help reduce your stress level. Little exercises like going for walks, prenatal yoga, water aerobics and many more can help you as a pregnant woman.
- Go for regular check ups. Going for prenatal check ups helps keep track of your progress. These programs sometimes help teach pregnant women what to do during pregnancy. They also help correct any issues at the early stages before it becomes too late.
- Stay away from Alcohol and Smoking. It is very important for pregnant women to stay away from drinking alcohol or smoking. Alcohol has been proven to cause other health defects and also reduce the size of the baby, same as smoking.
Eat fruits and veggies, grains, healthy fats, and protein.You need quality nutrition to keep both you and your baby healthy. Eating nutritious food also has a positive effect on your mood. Be sure to include:
Fruit and veggies, such as spinach, broccoli, sweet potato, bell pepper, apples, bananas, berries, and mango.
Grains, such as brown rice, quinoa, oatmeal, and whole grain bread.
Healthy fats, such as olive oil, coconut oil, and avocado.
Protein, such as eggs, black beans, lentils, chicken, and beef.